Join the Twin Cities Archives Round Table on Friday, November 9, 2012 for the first Minnesota Archives Symposium, a local educational opportunity for archivists, librarians, records managers, curators, and other information management professionals. We seek to broaden the opportunities for Minnesota information professionals to share knowledge and insights amongst peers at a local level.
For our inaugural year the topic will be: Reaching Your Audience: Marketing and Outreach Efforts.
Call for Presentations: We invite the submission of presentations on any topic related to outreach, inreach or marketing of archives, libraries, museums, records management programs, digital repositories, and related areas. First time presenters and students are encouraged to apply.
Presentation topics could include, but are not limited to: developing exhibits, working with Minnesota History Day, internal and external collaborations, communicating with stakeholders, or using web sites and social media to reach audiences.
Details for Submission:
- Sessions should be 60 minutes in length, include time for Q&A and can include multiple presenters.
- Include full contact information with submissions, including name of presenters, a short biographical statement, preferred method of contact, and institution or school if applicable.
- Please include a 500 word or less abstract and working title for your presentation.
- If you have a great idea for a topic but need presenters, let us know—we may be able to pair like-minded presenters together.
- Deadline for submission is Monday, September 24th.
- Submissions should be sent to the Twin Cities Archives Round Table at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Minnesota Archives Symposium will be held at Ridgedale Public Library in Minnetonka from 1 – 5 PM on Friday, November 9.
- Registration is FREE, but we ask that participants register their intent to attend by emailing TCART at email@example.com by Friday, October 19th for planning purposes.
- An informal, self-funded Happy Hour will follow the Symposium with details to follow. All attendees are welcome to attend.