Thank you to everyone who attended TCART’s 2015 Spring Meeting at the American Swedish Institute on May 20th. We had a fantastic turnout of nearly 60 attendees. Thank you to Rob Nicholl and Scott Pollock of the American Swedish Institute for hosting us and providing tours of the Wallenberg Library and Archives.
We had two speakers, Nat Wilson of Carleton College and Lisa Calahan of the University of Minnesota, who presented on Archival Content Management Systems: What are the Options? For those interested, the slides from their presentations can be found here:
The Engagement: Announcing the Marriage between ArchivesSpace and the University of Minnesota by Lisa Calahan, University of Minnesota
Archon, we need to talk… by Nat Wilson, Carleton College
The business meeting included:
1. Secretary’s report (link to report and entire meeting minutes) — most notable for the fact that we have reached 100 members!
2. Treasurer’s Report from Lara Friedman-Shedlov
3. Old business — Student Scholarship program announcement, more information will be posted on the website as the due date approaches (October 1st)
4. Board Officer Position Proposal — updated bylaws were proposed to reflect the newly restructured position of Newsletter Editor to that of Communications Officer. The changes were voted up and approved.
5. Board election for Communications Officer — votes were cast and the 2015-2017 Communications Officer is Kate Dietrick, Assistant Archivist of the Upper Midwest Jewish Archives at the University of Minnesota.
6. MN Archive Symposium committee — committee members were announced (Marcia Collins, Kate Dietrick, Ted Hathaway, Audra Hilse, Andrea Hoff, Rachel Howell, and Jennifer Johnson) and a tentative date has been set for November 2nd at the Minnesota Historical Society. More information will be announced at a later date.
The next TCART meeting will be around early October at St. Cloud State– more details to come.